The following is from the Stronger Christchurch – Infrastructure Rebuild website. It affects Avonside Drive between Bracken Street and Robson Avenue.
We will be working on a temporary wastewater system in Avonside Drive from Tuesday 19 July for approximately one month.
• This work will take place between 7am and 5.30pm, Monday to Saturday. The work is expected to finish by 19 August 2011.
• We are repairing wastewater services for properties between 294 to 336 Avonside Drive. This work involves installing temporary pipes and in-ground tanks where sucker trucks will be used to remove waste contents.
• The work will result in increased noise and vibration levels.
• The work will not impact on current water or power services.
• There will also be no right turn from Bracken Street into Avonside Drive during this time.
• During this period of construction there will be special cordons around construction areas for safety.
• Any existing wastewater service will be temporarily interrupted when we connect private laterals to the temporary tank system. Residents will be advised of this ahead of time.
• All works are subject to favourable weather and on-site construction conditions.
• If you have any questions about this work please contact the MacDow Fletcher Infrastructure Rebuild Team between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday on (free phone) 0508 718 719.
The full notice is here.
Paul and I had coffee at 1pm today with a communications person from MacDow Fletchers. The venue was the Bicycle Thief.
She had arranged for us to meet so we could express our views on the type of communication we felt would be appropriate for our community of streets. Nearly an hour was spent discussing various items from the overall plan, to the timing of works, and the important details essential to individual households.
The brochure arriving in letterboxes tomorrow will be a good pointer towards how MacDow Fletcher are going to let everyone know what is happening, and what is coming up.
MacDow Fletcher, a joint venture between McConnell Dowell and Fletcher Construction, have been contracted by the CCC to undertake reconstruction of the city’s infrastructure in our area. From today they will be based at 75 New Brighton Road, upstairs at the Burwood Park Bowling Club.
MacDow Fletcher have published a newsletter Stronger Christchurch Rebuild News – Infrastructure Rebuild. It is not yet available on their website however copies will be distributed to letter boxes tomorrow. The website is here.
The first issue of the newsletter contains:
- an introduction to MacDow Fletcher
- contact information for the rebuild team (including the drop-in centre)
- information on what has to be done in Avonside, Burwood and Dallington
- what will be fixed first
- the next steps in the process
- safety information
The website also provides separate coverage for: Brooklands and Spencerville, Bexley and Southshore, Halswell, and “Other Areas”.
Information for Kaiapoi and other areas in Waimakariri will be covered here, and Selwyn here.